Reflection and Honesty


My life has undergone so many changes over the past decade and I've worked hard to adjust. I love going new places and meeting new people, gaining new experiences and learning new things. But not all change is easy. Changing from within is one of the most difficult and challenging things I've ever done.
I've had to reflect and be honest with myself about childhood trauma's, how they affected me and perhaps the most difficult, allow myself to see my mother for who she really was.

A narcissist. 

More posts will follow on the subject as I peel away the layers, uncover mysteries and help myself to heal one day at a time. I eat right, drink plenty of water and matcha tea, exercise regularly and I give myself permission to rest. I no longer hit the ground running and work until I’m exhausted as a way of dealing with my anxiety and depression. I start my day with a cup of coffee, gratitude and if the weather permits, a sunrise. The sunrises we have at the farm are gorgeous and do wonders for my soul. 

Writing has helped me more than anything. Within the pages of my stories, I've found focus, confidence and a deeper understanding of my storytelling abilities. My characters allow me to safely explore my emotions and outcomes and experience happy endings. The stories I write give me hope and remind me that the world is a wonderful place and love can heal the deepest wounds. 

 



Comments

Popular Posts