Lavender and Blueberry Granola


When I’m writing against a deadline like I am now, it’s had to find time to eat. Munching on healthy snacks helps to keep me going until I can pull myself away and have a real meal. 

 

This granola is one of my favorites. It’s delicious, healthy and can be stored in an airtight container for weeks. I love it sprinkled over the top of Greek yogurt. The floral scent of lavender combined with the spice of the cinnamon and sweetness of honey give this granola a unique pop. 

 

Recipe:


4-5 cups old-fashioned oats

1 1/2 pecans 

1/2 sunflower or pumpkin seeds 

1/4 chia seeds or flax seeds

1 cup dried blueberries 

3 tbsp dried culinary lavender (I grow my own)

2/3 cup honey

1/4 cup melted coconut oil

1 tsp vanilla

1/4 tsp ground cloves

2 tsp ground cinnamon 

1/4 tsp ground nutmeg 

1/8 tsp ground cardamom (optional)

1/8 tsp ground cloves

a dash of Kosher salt

Bake at 325 for 20-25 minutes, tossing every 10 minutes or so to give it a pretty golden brown color.


 

Comments

Popular Posts